- The Heavy on how the ÜberCharge works
ÜberCharge (which is German for Supercharge, or Overcharge) is an ability of the Medic. The ÜberCharge is built up by focusing the beam of the Medic's healing gun onto a teammate (or a Disguised Spy).
A bar on the HUD, where the ammo icon usually appears, shows how much ÜberCharge is available. Once the bar is 100% full and begins flashing, the Medic has the ability to activate the ÜberCharge, granting the Medic and his target either invincibility for 8 seconds (with the Medigun) or 100% critical hits for 8 seconds (with the Kritzkrieg). With a Medigun ÜberCharge activated, the two players will glow their respective team colors. With a Kritzkrieg ÜberCharge activated, both players will appear normal but their weapons will glow and crackle with electricity of their team color for the duration. When looking at a friendly Medic, a colored box shows up on the HUD displaying the username of the Medic, whether or not he is wielding the Kritzkrieg, along with the percent of his ÜberCharge.
Charging the ÜberChargeEdit
The ÜberCharge meter fills at two different rates, depending on the health of the Medic's heal target.
- The Medigun meter fills at 2.50% / second when the Medic...
- Heals a player with less than 150% health (full Overheal).
- Heals a teammate during Setup time (even when fully overhealed).
- This was added in a December 2007 patch to replace the strategy of one player constantly self-damaging during setup to keep the Medic healing damage and filling the meter at this rate.
- The Medigun meter fills at 1.25% / second when the Medic heals a player who is already 150% health, outside of Setup time.
- This was designed to encourage Medics to heal more than one target.
- The Kritzkrieg meter charges at +25% the rate of a medigun.
- With the faster charge rate, it takes a total of 40 seconds to fully charge the Medigun Übercharge meter. When charging at the slow rate, this takes 80 seconds.
- With the Kritzkrieg, filling the Übercharge meter takes 30 seconds (25% faster) at the faster rate. With the slower rate, this takes 60 seconds (twice as long).
- Healing enemy spies (disguised as one of your teammates) also charges the Ubercharge meter.
- Also, a Medic who wields the Übersaw charges his ÜberCharge by 25% with each successful hit on an enemy (excluding enemy disguised Spies).
- He can also gain a 50% charge by using his Übersaw to successfully taunt kill an enemy.
Moments with HeavyEdit
An UberCharge becomes active upon eating the Crit-Sandvich, which boosts their combat and appearance. There is a downfall, as the eater is doomed to explode after a few seconds.